IMDb TV AND AMAZON PRIME VIDEO GREENLIGHT SEASON TWO OF THE SPY THRILLER SERIES “ALEX RIDER”
Pickup Precedes Season One Premieres in the U.S., Canada, Italy and Latin America
Alex Rider is Produced by Eleventh Hour Films and Sony Pictures Television for Amazon Studios
LOS ANGELES (Nov. 10, 2020) – IMDb TV, Amazon’s free streaming service, and Amazon Prime Video announced today that it has renewed the spy thriller series Alex Rider for a second season. The next season will be based on Eagle Strike, the fourth novel in the best-selling Alex Rider franchise, and will stream exclusively on IMDb TV in the U.S., and Prime Video in Australia, Canada, Italy, Germany, Latin America, New Zealand and the U.K.
On Nov. 12th, the first season of Alex Rider premieres on Prime Video in Italy then on Nov. 13th on IMDb TV in the US and on Prime Video in Canada and Latin America. The series quickly became a hit after it premiered on Prime Video in the UK, Australia and Germany this summer.
Produced by Eleventh Hour Films and Sony Pictures Television, the series stars Otto Farrant as Alex Rider, a London based teenager who has unknowingly been trained since childhood for the dangerous world of espionage.
Executive Producer and franchise author Anthony Horowitz, said “I couldn’t be happier with the response to season one of Alex Rider and I’m thrilled that the adventure is going to continue with Eagle Strike, one of my favourite stories.”
“As U.S. audiences discover the escapist adventure that is Alex Rider season one, there is no better time to confirm the thrilling story will absolutely continue with a second season,” said Lauren Anderson and Ryan Pirozzi, Co-Heads of Content and Programming for IMDb TV. “We are proud that our first Original series since aligning under Amazon Studios features this special character, enviable cast and the dynamic material originated by Anthony and brought to a streaming audience by Guy, Sony and the team at Eleventh Hour.”
“The first incredible season of Alex Rider has resonated brilliantly with Prime members because of its mix of suspense, entertainment and drama,” said Brad Beale Vice President, Worldwide Content Acquisition for Prime Video. “We can’t wait for our customers to see what is to come in the next action-packed season, available exclusively on Prime Video in the UK, Italy, Germany, Australia, Canada and Latin America.”
Wayne Garvie, President, International Production, Sony Pictures Television, said “We’re thrilled that audiences in over 100 global territories connected with Alex Rider so enthusiastically since it launched on Amazon Prime Video in the UK this summer. Escapism and entertainment have never been more important than they are this year, and I know that what Anthony and the team at Eleventh Hour have planned for Eagle Strike will keep everyone on the edge of their seats.”
As with Alex Rider season one, Anthony Horowitz, the author of the book franchise, will serve as an Executive Producer alongside Jill Green, Eve Gutierrez, and series writer Guy Burt.
About IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a free streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows available anytime. Always entertaining. Always Free.
- Expansive Catalog: IMDb TV is a modern television network, offering viewers ambitious originals and an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows that customers would expect to see on a paid service. IMDb TV adds new titles to the service every month across a wide selection of genres including comedy, family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, horror and more.
- Free: IMDb TV is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
- Half the Ads: IMDb TV has half the ads of traditional linear TV.
- Instant Access: IMDb TV is available as an app on Fire TV and a free Channel within the Prime Video and IMDb apps across hundreds of devices. To use IMDb TV on Fire TV, customers can find the icon in the “Your Apps & Channels” row or using the Alexa Voice Remote, simply say “Alexa, go to IMDb TV.” IMDb TV is also available on the IMDb website.
To learn more about IMDb TV, visit www.amazon.com/imdbtv and follow @IMDbTV.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of TV shows, movies, sport and more — all available to watch on practically any device.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch tons of popular movies and TV shows, award-winning Amazon Originals and other exclusives, sports, and more. Think Emmy Award winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Mindy Kaling’s Late Night, Donald Glover’s Guava Island, Troop Zero, Academy Award-nominated The Big Sick, The Boys, Homecoming, Thursday Night Football and licensed and self-published content. Prime Video is available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide (offers and titles vary based on location).
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like HBO, Cinemax, STARZ, SHOWTIME, CBS All Access, NBA League Pass and MLB.tv —no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, with special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart tv. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast free shipping on millions of items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign-up or start a free trial of Amazon Prime visit: amazon.com/prime.
About Sony Pictures Television
Sony Pictures Television (“SPT”) is one of the television industry’s leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry’s largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating 25 wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.
About Eleventh Hour Films
Established in 2010, Eleventh Hour Films is an ideas driven independent production company with a breadth of experience producing drama of the highest quality, both in the UK and internationally.
The company’s productions include Safe House (ITV), New Blood (BBC One), Foyles War (ITV), Collision (ITV).
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. Customer reviews, 1-Click shopping, personalized recommendations, Prime, Fulfillment by Amazon, AWS, Kindle Direct Publishing, Kindle, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo, and Alexa are some of the products and services pioneered by Amazon. For more information, visit amazon.com/about and follow @AmazonNews.