TIMED TO BLACK HISTORY MONTH, ONE OF THE MOST PROVOCATIVE, HONEST AND COMPELLING FILMS DIRECTED BY ICONIC FILMMAKER SPIKE LEE COMES TO 4K ULTRA HD FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
INCLUDES A BRAND-NEW INTRODUCTION BY SPIKE LEE AND OVER FOUR HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES INCLUDING DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES, A DOCUMENTARY WITH THE ORIGINAL CAST AND CREW AND FEATURE COMMENTARY FROM LEE
OWN THE NEW 4K ULTRA HD COMBO PACK
WITH BLU-RAY™ AND DIGITAL CODE ON FEBRUARY 2, 2021
FROM UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
Universal City, California, January 26, 2021 – It’s the hottest day of the summer. You can do nothing, you can do something, or you can…DO THE RIGHT THING. In 1989, Academy Award® winner and visionary filmmaker Spike Lee mesmerized audiences with one of the most insightful and provocative films of its time, DO THE RIGHT THING. Universal Pictures Home Entertainment continues to celebrate diversity and Black stories by bringing one of the most thought-provoking and groundbreaking films of its time, DO THE RIGHT THING, to 4K Ultra HD for the first time on February 2, 2021. The controversial story centers around one scorching inner-city day, when racial tensions reach the boiling point in a tough Brooklyn neighborhood. Culturally significant and featuring over four hours of bonus features including a brand-new introduction by Director Spike Lee, a retrospective documentary with the original cast and crew, a feature commentary from Lee, deleted and extended scenes, DO THE RIGHT THING captures a vital look at American life. The film will also be available in 4K Ultra HD format on Digital.
DO THE RIGHT THING’s honesty, courage and original perspective on American race relations earned two Academy Award® nominations, including Best Original Screenplay. A powerhouse ensemble cast creates a gallery of unforgettable characters, with standout performances by Danny Aiello (Oscar® nominated for Best-Supporting Actor for his role in the film), Ossie Davis (Get On The Bus), Ruby Dee (American Gangster), Rosie Perez (Fearless), John Turturro (Barton Fink) and Samuel L. Jackson (Pulp Fiction).
DO THE RIGHT THING will be available on 4K Ultra HD combo pack, which includes 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray™, & Digital Code as well as on Digital
4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- The Movies Anywhere Digital App simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. Movies Anywhere is available only in the United States.
BONUS FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD & BLU-RAY™:
- Brand New Introduction by Director Spike Lee
- DO THE RIGHT THING: 20 Years Later – Retrospective documentary with the cast and crew
- Deleted and Extended Scenes – Eleven scenes cut from the final version of the film
- Behind the Scenes – Spike Lee’s personal video footage from the set of the film
- Making DO THE RIGHT THING – In-depth documentary on the making of the film
- Editor Barry Brown – Interview with the editor of DO THE RIGHT THING
- The Riot Sequence – Storyboard gallery of the climatic riot sequence
- CANNES, 1989 – Follow the film’s triumphant screening at the prestigious Cannes Film as DO THE RIGHT THING energizes and astonishes audiences with its bold message.
- Trailers – Original theatrical trailer and TV spots
- 20th Anniversary edition feature commentary with Director Spike Lee
- Feature Commentary with Director Spike Lee, Director of Photography Ernest Dickerson, Production Designer Wynn Thomas, and Actor Joie Lee
Actors: Spike Lee (Mookie), Danny Aiello (Sal), Ossie Davis (Da Mayor), Ruby Dee (Mother Sister), Giancarlo Esposito (Buggin Out), Bill Nunn (Radio Raheem), John Turturro (Pino), Samuel L. Jackson (Mister Senor Love Daddy), John Savage (Clifton), Rosie Perez (Tina), Martin Lawrence (Cee), Richard Edson (Vito), Miguel Sandoval (Officer Ponte)
Director: Spike Lee
Producer: Spike Lee
Screenplay: Spike Lee
TECHNICAL INFORMATION 4K ULTRA HD:
Street Date: February 2, 2021
Selection Number: 612142250 (US) / 61214226 (CDN)
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 1.85:1 Widescreen
Subtitles: English, French Canadian, Latin American Spanish
Sound: English DTS:X Master Audio and Dolby Digital 2.0 ; French European DTS Digital Surround 5.1 ; Latin American Spanish DTS Digital Surround 5.1
Run Time: 01:59:43
ABOUT UNIVERSAL PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT:
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (UPHE – www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group (UFEG). UFEG produces, acquires, markets and distributes filmed entertainment worldwide in various media formats for theatrical, home entertainment, television and other distribution platforms, as well as consumer products, interactive gaming and live entertainment. The global division includes Universal Pictures, Focus Features, Universal Pictures Home Entertainment, Universal Brand Development, Fandango, DreamWorks Animation Film and Television and Awesomeness. UFEG is part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.